Beard is and always has been one of the tools for men to make a style statement. With the number of tools and the number of hair and beard style combinations, you should take care of your beard to make yourself presentable not only that, but a beard can also hide some of the less admirable parts of your face. To know which styles will suit you more, the first thing you need to know is the shape of your face. Along with that, you also need to consider the type of beard that grows on your face. Having a fuller-looking beard is attractive but having beards in particular areas means a patchy beard doesn’t make you look less attractive in any shape or form. If your beard grows in patches, then you should start thinking about patchy beard styles.
One thing guaranteed is that the well-maintained beard will make your looks edgier while highlighting some of your facial features. So, in the next section, we will list the 20 most fantastic beard styles that men with patchy beards can try, irrespective of the face structure. So, let’s get straight into it.
How Do I Make My Beard Less Patchy?
There are few ways to treat a patchy beard and also to make it look fuller. But for that, you need to identify the root cause of the problem. Now without any further delay, let’s take a look at the ways that can help you to make your beard look less patchy. The root causes of the problem are listed below.
- A low level of sex hormones in the body makes it difficult for facial hair to grow. Two of the main hormones are testosterone and DHT.
- Your genes play an integral role in making your beard look fuller. But if this is not in your genes, then you can’t do anything about that.
- There are androgen receptors present in the facial hair follicles. In some men, the testosterone and DHT level remains high, but the absence of these androgen receptors or the presence of these in fewer numbers will lead to a patchy beard.
- The blood circulation near the cheek area on the face is low compared to the other parts of the face, like the chin and mustache area. That’s why it is easier to grow a mustache or even a goatee than a full beard.
- Poor food habits and a stressed lifestyle might also affect beard growth.
- As we have discussed the reasons behind this particular issue, it is time to find out the solutions.
- Let your facial hair grow. Don’t cut the beard too often. It will help you to find the patches in your beard.
- If you are eating a lot of unhealthy junk foods, then you need to change them. Eat something that will promote facial hair growth by increasing the testosterone and DHT levels in the body. You can add olive oil, Oysters, sorghum, and coffee to your diet to achieve what you seek.
- Few drugs also promote beard growth. But always consult a dermatologist before implementing any of the products.
- To stimulate beard growth, you can take the help of micro-needling. A derma roller will do the job. You need to roll the product on the areas where facial hairs can grow in horizontal, vertical, and diagonal directions.
- A good amount of sleep will make you feel less stressed, which will eventually lead to more facial hair growth. Exercising more also stimulates the beard to grow. So, all thst needs to be taken care of is to live a healthy lifestyle.
- Trim the beard evenly. An adequately trimmed beard will look fuller.
In case none of the above solutions function for you, you can try dying your hair to make it look less patchy.
Stylish Patchy Beard Styles For Men
1. Short French Stubble Patchy Beard
If you are looking for a trendy beard style, you can style your patchy beard in french stubble. This particular style helps you to achieve a more elongated chin portion that makes you look more attractive. Along with that, if you have a sharp jawline, then you need no reason to worry about the volume of your facial hair near your chin. Once you style the stubble on your face in this style, you can attend any occasion, no matter whether it is a meeting or a wedding. Men of every age can try this beard style as it suits almost anyone and everyone.
2. Clipped Patches
If you are experiencing a less amount of stubble near your cheeks, you can try clipped patches beard style. The beard needs to be trimmed with either 1 or 2 blades of the trimmer. After cutting the beard will create an overall look on your face. You can keep a high cheek or a simple lower neck style to have a bit of both a neat and rugged look. Among all the patchy beard styles, it is one of those that does not need much attention. It will help you to achieve the laid-back look that most men seek nowadays.
3. The Scruffy And Patchy Beard Style
Men having delicate facial features sometimes regret it. But if you have acquired a patchy beard, then it can give you an extra edge over others. A worn and patchy beard style will hide those delicate features of your face and will make you look more masculine. Just do not shave your beard frequently and let the beard grow. Unlike a few other styles in the list, you need to maintain this style correctly. A scruffy beard, if kept neglected, can make you look like a vagabond instead of a gentleman. Clean the beard from time to time and keep all the beard hairs in the same size.
4. Chestnut Patchy Beard
What do you think about patchy beard styles? Then it would be best if you tried the chestnut patchy beard style. The soft stubble, which is a part of the style, will highlight your jawline. You can also grow a pencil mustache which is very thin to enhance the style.
5. A La Souvarov Patchy Beard Style
Not only is the name of this beard style unique, but the beard will also make you stand out from the crowd. This beard style mainly keeps the focus on the mustache and the sideburns. The mustache needs to be grown fully, and it will bring masculinity to you. Beard patches on the cheeks enhance the style. The beard will directly be attached to your hair. With this beard, it is better to keep a short hairstyle. No patches should remain near the chin, but the mustache will go right down near the jawline.
6. Rustic Patchy Beard
Most of the patchy beard styles mentioned in this list are short and neat. But if you are tired of keeping the beard short, you should try this style preferred by many stylists. Stop cutting and let your beard grow fully to achieve a rustic look. If it is possible, then develop a mustache also. Though this will look nice and make you look tough, you also need to maintain your beard properly. Don’t let it look messy, and to keep it classy, use some of the beard care products along with combing.
7. Patchy Beard With Low Fade Haircut
A low fade haircut will make any hair and beard style more elegant. Hair on your head’s sides and back will be trimmed. The taping of your hair will be more towards the lower end of the head compared to the upper portion. The hairstyle has several versions of it. So choose according to your beard style that you are going to keep with your patchy beard. A thick chin strap beard will look good with the hairstyle.
8. Goatee Beard Styles
A goatee is one of the most classic beard styles that has helped men grab other people’s attention. In case your mustache and beard near the chin portion are growing at a faster pace than the rest, then let it grow. Take good care of it to make it look more dense and uniform with the help of trimming. Clipping plays a pivotal role in the maintenance of a goatee beard. At the same time, increasing the chin beard and mustache to make sure that no other beard patches are growing anywhere on the face. Always remember these unwanted hair growths can ruin your whole style.
9. Faded Chin Strap Patchy Beard
Some men are only able to grow a beard along with the jawline. A chin strap beard will look good on the face of men who have this type of facial hair. Whenever patchy beard styles are discussed, a chin strap remains one of the most preferred beard styles. A soft chin strap is just a modern version of this classic. At the junction where the facial hair is mixing with your hairline, the area will be clipped more than the other portions to achieve the look. Shave your mustache and any other patches of facial hair to get the perfect look.
10. Disconnected Pencil Mustache With A Chin Strap
To keep a pencil mustache, you need to clip the mustache properly to maintain neatness. The mustache should not be thick and should remain just above the lip. If you are keeping a chin strap beard along your jawline, it simply enhances the style. To add a modern touch to this classic style, all you need to do is keep the pencil mustache disconnected from the rest of the beard. Shave the edges of the chain strap from time to time to create that edgy look. If facial hair is growing in other places, then shave it frequently.
As we have arrived at the end of this article, we hope that you have many patchy beard styles to choose from. Try any one of the styles mentioned above, which you will find compelling. Along with that, try to follow the advice to grow a fuller beard which many find very attractive. Always remember one thing no matter how your beard looks, carry it with confidence. Trim the beard and mustache more often to create a neat and clean yet rugged look. If you can style a patchy beard properly, it will make you look very distinctive from other men around you. No matter which one of the beard styles mentioned above you are going to choose, you also need to take care of your hair. Keep it short or long after taking a good look at your beard. Have fun while grooming your facial hairs.